Mailchimps all-in-one marketing platform helps small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. We empower millions of customers around the world to start & grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, & inspiring content. Mailchimps marketing platform puts your audience at the heart of your marketing so you can promote your business across email, social media, landing pages, ads, websites, postcards, & moreall from one place. Founded in 2001 & based in Atlanta, Mailchimp has 1,000+ employees & is privately held.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, & recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization & cross-functionally, helping to drive performance & meet organizational goals & objectives.
We are looking for a seasoned, data-informed media & advertising leader with deep experience in media strategy, buying, execution, & optimization. The Senior Director of Paid Media & Advertising will lead the highly experienced team responsible for the planning, buying, execution, & optimization of the companys media investments around the globe.
What youll do here:
- You will lead Mailchimps planning, strategy, execution, & measurement of all paid media & advertising investments for marketing campaigns globally
- Synthesize data, analyze results, identify trends, & optimize on key findings to achieve business goals & objectives
- Guide decisions as it pertains to investment in the martech stack, campaign performance software, & reporting dashboards
- Be accountable for agency relationships including campaign maintenance, advanced optimization, & overall campaign performance
- Measure & evaluate ability of campaigns to deliver on performance objectives & inform ongoing investment decisions
- Provide input to data governance, tagging, analytics, & data science investment & management decisions across the company
- Evaluate & implement relationships with key partners within the digital media ecosystem such as data providers, inventory providers, demand-side platforms & analytics vendors
- Partner with the Campaign team to ensure campaign messaging & creative is accurately planned, appropriate audiences are identified & budgets are set for paid media channels. Oversee the global media investment planning process on a monthly, quarterly, & annual basis
- Develop KPIs & corresponding requirements for all media & advertising investments
- Manage all aspects of our external agencies & technology partners, including budget, objectives, timelines, & planning processes
- Lead our ad tech stack strategy
- Develop & lead the processes for continuous optimizations & incrementality testing
- Develop weekly, monthly, & annual performance reporting
- Work collaboratively with Campaign Management, Marketing Analytics, Finance, Brand, & Product Marketing to achieve company objectives
- Develop the short-term & long-term roadmap for all paid media, advertising, & supporting ad technologies & infrastructure to drive optimal performance
- Lead & develop a team of highly experienced media experts
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have significant experience in managing Paid Media & Advertising for technology or consumer organizations
- You have significant experience in leading a paid media & advertising team
- Youre experienced in planning, executing, & optimizing a Paid Media & Advertising program with a budget in excess of $75M in multiple regions, languages, & publishers.
- You have experience at an agency or ad network or at a demand side platform creating & executing exchange based programmatic strategies. Must have real experience managing teams responsible for executing campaigns through DSPs, purchasing & using data, & advising marketing teams on audience buying strategies.
- You have multi-year experience managing global, multi-channel campaigns, DSPs, DMPs, strategies, 3rd Party data, pixel technologies, ad servers & all forms of online media
- You have a subject matter expert level understanding of performance advertising, search & metrics
- You are comfortable regularly presenting & reporting metrics to Executive Leadership
- You have expertise of the major technology-driven changes & trends affecting the media & advertising industries, & deep knowledge of the digital media buying ecosystem
- You have exceptional analytical & strategic thinking & ability to develop & present buying & optimization recommendations
- You have exceptional communication & presentation skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business.
We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.