ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Data & Analytics team provides robust measurement & actionable insights on our growing membership base. We partner closely with product, engineering, & marketing teams to build innovative products, understand customer demand signals, & measure growth & engagement.
As our company grows, were seeking a Consumer Insights Research Associate to join our team. This newly created position will report to our Consumer Insights Manager.
As a Consumer Insights Research Associate, you will work with the Data & Analytics Team to build empathy & understanding for our users across the company. We are passionate about understanding our users, & strive to learn everything we can about their goals & needs, attitudes & emotions, interests & behaviors. Your contribution to User Research will impact Skimmrs each day by delivering insights that improve our content, product, marketing, & sales strategies. Initiatives will entail supporting & empowering cross-functional teams with well-reported research.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Draft, program, & administer questionnaires & surveys
- Manage participant recruiting & onboarding for usability testing, user interviews, & focus groups
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, & reports based on user research
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to determine research needs
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written & oral presentations
- Note taking & data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Participate in the Data teams weekly planning meetings
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years of working in Design Research, UX Research, or Consumer Insights
- Enthusiasm for UX Research / Consumer Insights, & excitement to learn from a team with diverse experience
- Comfortable leading user interviews & observations, writing surveys, & crafting unmoderated usability tests
- Strong communication, project management, analytical, & presentation skills
- You can distill & explain actionable insights from your research clearly to a variety of audiences
- Passionate about ensuring the voice of the customer is well understood throughout the company
- Able to work independently, & ask for support & feedback when needed
- You are familiar with relevant tools like Qualtrics, usertesting.com, GoToMeeting, & CRM systems like SailThru
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- B.A. or higher in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Human Factors, or related field
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.