Director, Product Manager
Join us as we ignite the change that changes everything.
The Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmarts Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the worlds largest retailer focused on identifying & investing in trends & technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate & customer experience in our stores. Thats why we created the first-of-its-kind IRL inside an existing & fully-operating grocery store in Levittown, NY. This working Artificial Intelligence lab, inside a 50K sq. ft store with 30K items & more than 100 associates, will allow us to test a broad range of applications such as improving inventory & on-shelf availability, enhancing both the associate & customer experience in our stores.
About the role
We are hiring an experienced product manager to join our team. This is a highly visible role, requiring sound judgement & a keen ability to work well in ambiguous situations while never losing sight of the end-customer. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a proven ability to execute both strategically & tactically while working in a fast-paced environment.
What Youll do
- Responsible for the development & execution of key product components for a complex & ambitious project that is approaching Fortune 1 scale
- Work on developing an applied AI solution, leveraging computer vision in the physical space to enable next-gen customer & associate experiences
- Monitor KPIs, system performance, & drive optimization in both
- Synthesize multiple variables across highly technical engineering, business & operations teams, translating them into product roadmaps while remaining relentlessly customer focused
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships, driving alignment & consensus among teams to execute large scale programs at start up speed
- Manage a team of 3+
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree
- 7-10 years of relevant experience preferred
- Track record in product management, process improvement, product ideation & delivery
- Demonstrated technical acumen with an ability to understand & communicate technology solutions & tradeoffs
- Relevant experience in cultivating cross-functional internal & external relationships
- Proven ability to manage multiple workstreams & technology ecosystems simultaneously, adjusting to shifting priorities & managing through ambiguity
- Facile with data, preferably with SQL experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a proven track record of end-to-end product management
- Experience managing or mentoring other PMs