Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Senior Brand Designer to join our growing Brand Creative team. This role requires a highly motivated & talented visual designer with a background in visualizing a unified brand look & feel across many channels. You will lead the concepting & visual execution for a large variety of projects from product launches to large brand marketing initiatives. You must possess strategic creative thinking, with a strong understanding of how thoughtful design can influence & strengthen a brand. You also have experience collaborating with talented copywriters & are willing to mentor young designers.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Develop conceptually sound creative & visual assets for print, out of home, animation, digital marketing, experiential, social content, emails, & more.
- Work closely with Art Directors & Copywriters to generate innovative, engaging & interesting creative that resonates with our audience.
- Develop creative that is both on-brief & on-brand, with an incredible attention to craft & detail.
- Quickly sketch, comp, & visualize ideas to communicate with internal stakeholders for proof-of-concept purposes.
- Concept progressive, fun, & interesting creative that captivates & engages both new & existing customers, across mediums.
- Present creative work passionately & persuasively to stakeholders across the organization & beyond.
Our dream candidate is...
- 3-4 years of experience at a design or branding studio, either agency or in-house
- BA or BFA in graphic design, visual communications, or related field.
- Contemporary & engaging portfolio with strengths in conceptual thinking, typography, layout, & brand system development.
- Experience working with illustration as an element of brand expression.
- Very strong typographic layout skills & sensibilities across many mediums.
- Ability to be self-sufficient & juggle many different types of projects on different timelines, with independent time-management skills.
- Ability & experience presenting work in meetings, & selling creative visions to various stakeholders, cross-functionally.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!