Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Sales Manager of Growth Accounts to lead our Growth Sales team in Denver. This person will lead, mentor, & scale a high performing team of full-cycle sales executives (6-10 individual contributors) focused on closing deals covering SMB companies within North America.
Twilio is looking for a Sales Manager that lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of success building & scaling teams of SMB account executives. They also have:
- At least 2 years experience managing a team of account executives with demonstrable examples of scaling the team while achieving increased sales effectiveness
- You have at least 5+ years of consultative solutions selling experience, at least 2 of those years managing teams
- You have experience building high performing sales teams, managing all monthly forecasting, & can support fiscal planning & revenue tracking for all major accounts in the region
- You are analytical & detail oriented. You can collect data & quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast & thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers--listening to them & solving problems
- You should feel comfortable with selling a platform or SaaS, but if you have experience with Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking & other communication solutions...even better!
- Youre ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain & delight a customer. Youve admired the Nordstrom, Apple, & Zappos service ethos
- You have a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
As a Twilio Sales Manager of Growth Accounts, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, & are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, & line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses & helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will support your team by helping them build & progress pipeline, work across functions (Finance, Marketing, Product) to execute complex deals & lead strategic prospect & customer meetings. You will conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical deal guidance, on the job training, strategic deal coaching, motivation & career development.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain accurate & up-to-date CRM data for your team & provide reliable weekly forecast information to upper management.
The Growth Sales team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. With an ever growing amount of companies being created, along with companies that have been around for many years - our SMB & Mid-Markets are the bread & butter when it comes to companies creating a customized platform for their communication needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.