Squarespace is looking for an experienced product marketer to lead the team responsible for our core consumer products (CMS, Commerce, & Marketing Tools). Millions of people look to Squarespace to bring their creative ideas to life; your job will be to act as their voice as we build the next generation of products to help them flourish. Youll own the messaging & positioning of some of our most beloved products, plus oversee the go-to-market responsibilities as new products & features are developed.
The ideal candidate has an analytical mindset with an appetite to represent insights from the market & customer to the product team. The website builder industry is a complex & rapidly evolving one, & youll see maintaining Squarespaces position at the front of it as exactly the right challenge.
Key to this role is experience building & managing a team of product marketers, something youve had experience doing before. You will report to the Head of Product Marketing in our NYC headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Bring together a united vision of Squarespaces core consumer products & tell the world their story
- Direct oversight of product marketing for the Squarespace CMS
- Lead & grow a team of product marketing professionals, advocating for resourcing & managing individual team member development
- Lead the development of product positioning & messaging that differentiates our products in the market, & define go-to-market strategies for new product features
- Lead the transition of maturing products that have been incubated by Squarespaces New Ventures PMM team
- Report holistic marketing activity in support of consumer products to senior leadership
- Partner with Creative & Marketing to ensure proper product representation in campaigns
- Partner with Communications to evangelize our products with the press, at events & through other channels to continue building awareness around Squarespaces product offering
- Draw on qualitative & quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage, & retention across customer segments
- Advise on competitive analyses & customer research efforts to understand key customer segments & define opportunities
- Partner with the Product team to help prioritize product development based on customer & market research
- Set targets for contribution, adoption, & growth with marketing & product stakeholders
- 8+ years of product marketing experience including experience leading a product marketing team, preferably in a SaaS or consumer tech company
- Experience launching & scaling multiple successful products
- Balance of strategic & executional capabilities; ability to create a plan, drive outcomes, & measure results
- Experience collaborating with & influencing cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to translate the complex into simple, clear & intuitive communication
- Strong analytical skills to apply data in meaningful ways
- Creative & strategic thinker willing to take calculated risks
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value Squarespace provides for users
- A desire to create clarity & build processes that scale
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.