Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business & has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding.
Our centralized Data team is the engine that powers data-driven decisions across the entire company. We are a highly collaborative group of data engineers, data scientists, business intelligence analysts, & machine learning engineers who believe in making big bets & building for scale. We approach data problems from end-to-end - ingestion to reporting & analysis to data products - delivering robust descriptive, predictive, & prescriptive guidance. We work on unique problems at the intersection of fashion, technology, & logistics, where success requires a high degree of both internal & cross-functional coordination.This is where you come in!
About the Job:
As the Manager of Data Operations & Strategy, you will be a force multiplier for the impact of our Data team. Your job is to drive coherence & consistency across the team & centralize org-level coordination with key stakeholders & the business at large. You will establish frameworks & processes that standardize common workflows, making expectations explicit & enabling the team to focus on high-caliber execution. You will bring structure to complex cross-functional relationships to build tactical alignment with partner teams & evangelize the work of the Data team, ensuring broad visibility into key Data milestones.
What Youll Do:
- Own the bi-annual OKR process for the Data team
- Lead key projects requiring a high degree of partnership across Data subteams and/or cross-functional partner teams, including product, engineering, & non-technical teams
- Create reusable project planning & tracking resources for internal & external alignment
- Develop stakeholder-facing documentation & patterns for engagement
- Identify opportunities to streamline project work & spotlight Data team wins
- You have 7+ years of experience in a data-driven environment, preferably at a growth stage eCommerce or subscription business.
- You have empathy for data functions. You have 2+ years of experience in a data function, using quantitative analysis to solve challenging, real-world problems.
- You are organized & methodical; you have a natural inclination to create order out of disorder & cut through ambiguity.
- You have a track record of building strong relationships with both functional & cross-functional partners. You have a demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Youre able to communicate effectively with a wide-range of audiences.
- You have a passion for data & its fundamental ability to create value.
- Youre extremely curious & excited to dive into complex problems.
- Optional: You have a quantitative and/or technical academic background, such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Physics (MBA is a plus!).
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.