Shutterstock is looking for a passionate & motivated software engineer II to join our team & help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with extremely talented engineers, focusing on quality, performance, & scale at every step. Our users are our number one priority & we strive to deliver the best. We strongly believe in teamwork, creativity, & ownership of systems & services we develop.
- Contribute to all aspects of the services under the teams ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, & uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review & pairing.
- Continuous improvement of internal team processes. innovate, create & the vision of the services with your team the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually scales over time, & that provides plenty of insight into production performance.
- Support production environments on an on-going basis which involves being on-call. The actual periods & frequency vary by team.
- At least 2-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Node.js, Java, Perl, Scala, Go, PHP, C/C++
- Strong software development fundamentals & the ability to self-teach.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience building distributed services/applications which scale elegantly
- Proficient in both relational & nonrelational databases
- Basic understanding of DevOps & Unix systems
- Comfortable with a Git & Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) workflow
- Passionate about what you do & care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical & non-technical audiences.
- Ability to both work independently & be a team player
- Node.js experience with good knowledge of key libraries
- Experience building message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services & other cloud service providers
- Experience with automated configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ & Kafka.
- Experience with end-to-end automated testing frameworks
- Experience working in an agile environment
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V