Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
DigitalOceans Managed Database is welcoming a new technical engineering manager to support our engineers, grow our culture, & lead the team developing our customer-facing managed database products. This person will be responsible for guiding the development of a mixed-skill engineering team, facilitating communications, providing clarity of vision & priority, & empowering the team to create creative solutions for our partners & customers.
The Managed Database team focuses on supporting the operations & development of platform & API solutions of DigitalOcean Managed Database products.
We are excited to meet candidates who share our passions for technology solutions, healthy services, & being loving service providers, team members, & leaders.
What Youll Be Working On:
- Growing & leading a highly-collaborative remote engineering team
- Developing & shepherding complex NoSQL cloud database engineering projects, such as MongoDB
- Introducing & improving processes for team performance & quality-of-life
- Helping the team achieve higher standards of performance & product quality
- Collaborating with product owners & cross-functional teams to design idiomatic, feature-rich, & operationally sustainable software solutions
- Developing personal growth plans, providing feedback, & supporting the goals of individual team members & the team as a whole
- Facilitating transparent, constructive communication & a fair, but growth-oriented, distribution of responsibilities between team members
- Providing coaching & counseling via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, etc
What Well Expect From You:
- A passion for leading, coaching, & mentoring software engineers
- Interest in the cloud database technologies, particularly NoSQL
- Excitement about designing & operating services at scale or in the cloud
- An appreciation for process & developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support, & product groups
- Familiarity with end-to-end quality best practices & their implementation
- Enthusiasm for staffing, interviewing, growing, & retaining teams
- Background interfacing with & operating SQL & noSQL engines
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!