Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the worlds largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, & queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, & get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, & productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindrs mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), & strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Whats the Job?
As an integral part of our experienced engineering team you will coordinate efforts around ensuring & improving the quality of our mobile apps. The role involves testing strategy through the planning, creation & execution of tests. We would like you to be curious & detail-oriented, with high standards demonstrated by clear documentation & communication.
- Represent QA on our development teams
- Understand our software clients & product features
- Partner closely with engineers & product team members to understand the feature roadmap & coordinate comprehensive testing plans with supporting test cases
- Execute against testing plans, keeping clear defect logs & adding additional detail through verbal communication where necessary
- Use analysis of our member base to ensure proper platforms & devices are being tested against
- Maintain the use of defect, test-tracking & documentation tools
- Lead & organize team meetings & feature testing sessions that engage all members of our cross-functional teams to put quality first
- Drive Improvement to our process by analyzing issues, identifying solutions, & integrating changes
- Define KPIs & represent the quality of our product at meetings, stand-ups, & demos
- Empathize with end users to identify UX issues during feature discussions & testing
- Deliver high quality features & releases, while maintaining our steady release schedule
What Well Love About You
- 2+ years of experience testing mobile & browser-based applications
- Experience with black box testing of native clients on mobile platforms (Android & iOS) through the use of physical devices & simulators/emulators
- Knowledge & understanding of APIs & how to test APIs.
- Experience with tools to monitor network traffic from a mobile device.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. You will be clearly articulating issues to team members of varying technical ability
- Experience with Agile based development teams
- Familiarity and/or experience with automation framework like Selenium, Espresso, XCUITest or Appium is a bonus
What You'll Love About Us
- High-growth company - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company & grow your career!
- Flexibility to work from home
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k Match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend