As a COPYWRITER (Freelance) at VaynerMedia, you are a strategically creative thinker & storyteller. You are a master of writing & editing copy for social campaigns, in the distinct & unique voices of our clients from Brand Manifestos to Video Scripts to social posts across all social platforms. And you are comfortable presenting concepts that are fresh, strategic & always on brand.
A VaynerMedia COPYWRITER (Freelance) should also be able to build brands through campaign-level thinking. You understand the difference between a creative idea & a tactical execution & are proficient at generating both. You are hands on & should own projects from ideation through completion.
This is a great role for a COPYWRITER (Freelance) with a passion for pop culture & a keen understanding of social media & current trends, looking to create social content related to reality entertainment/television.
- Writing & editing copy for social campaigns, in the distinct & unique voices of our clients from Brand Manifestos to Video Scripts to social posts.
- Create strong & compelling idea write-ups, copy, headlines, taglines & calls to action
- Be able to ideate with an Art Director partner, but also on your own
- Concept & collaborate with other creative & internal teams
- Implement feedback with ease & in a timely manner
- Work with Account & Strategy teams to ensure creative concepts & copy tones are on brand & strategically sound
- Create & collaborate to develop campaign concepts for, but not limited to: Social
- Can ideate against the platform (knows the difference between writing for a Youtube pre-roll vs. Insta stories)
- Present ideas internally & to clients
- 3+ years of agency-side experience writing copy on social campaigns
- Once work is sold, has experience seeing it all the way through to completion
- Can juggle multiple projects & tasks at once
- Are self-motivated with a positive attitude & strong communication skills
- Ideally has worked in the entertainment space
- Culturally immersed & passionate about entertainment/television
- A demonstrated passion for & understanding of social media
- Flawless knowledge of spelling & grammar with ability to break rules as needed
- Deep vocabulary, working knowledge of Slang terms
- A knack for picking up different editorial voices, understanding why they work, & switching between them quickly
- A flair for brevity
- Entrepreneurial spirit & innate curiosity
- Proficiency in Google Suite (email, docs, drive, slides)
- Eye for innovation identifying emerging platforms & trends in the digital space
- Their portfolio should represent a body of integrated work: big campaigns (not just one-offs) digital/social-first creative ideas, long form & short form content, some innovation-led, experiential and/or site work is a plus but not mandatory