As an intern at Betterment, you will make big contributions in a short amount of time. We invest time in teaching, training, & mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, & new approaches to our inner-workings. Youll get hands-on experience in a professional workplace, make valuable contacts, & gain knowledge for future endeavors. Best of all, you get to experience what its like working for a leading fintech robo-advisor in the industry in the heart of New York City.
This is a for credit, non-paid internship opportunity.
About the right team member:
We are seeking a driven student eager to flex your skills at a fast paced & innovative broker-dealer & registered investment advisor. You want to learn how a team builds & executes an efficient compliance program & youre not afraid to roll up your sleeves & get to work. You have a business mind, & are always seeking new & better ways to improve practices. Youve never met a question you werent willing to find the answer to. You have the confidence & ability to work independently, & can communicate clearly & persuasively.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Research, analyze & deliver regulatory guidance or best practices related to investment advisers & broker-dealers
- Help streamline, automate & improve compliance functionality across various business lines
- Assist with projects related to our regulatory priorities
- Provide compliance support to our Compliance Team
You will be effective if you are:
- Pursuing an MBA in Regulatory Compliance or a related field, Law Student with experience or interest in Regulatory Compliance
- Eligible to receive School Credit for this opportunity
- A self-starter with meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate for fintech, with an interest in personal finance & investing
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business.Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.