Peloton, the leading interactive fitness platform, is looking for a hardworking communications specialist to support the company's new private label apparel brand, retail, studio, & community-driven programs. The Communications Lead would manage the day-to-day communications function of Peloton Apparel while supporting the brands initiatives at retail, major news moments across Pelotons global studios with an emphasis on Peloton Studios New York while also finding opportunities to amplify community events & storytelling within the media. This role would entail crafting communications plans & strategies, document drafting from media relations materials to briefing & messaging materials, while also driving media awareness across press verticals. You will come to the role with media relationships & be hardworking about crafting deeper media ties on behalf of Peloton. The candidate would have some expertise with or understanding of influencer marketing & seeding & have some experience working with talent & executives.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Consumer Communications, the candidate will work collaboratively with a diverse pool of internal & external partners. The ideal candidate would thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment where they excel working across teams acting as strategic counsel for their function.
The ideal candidate would possess a personal passion for media with a strong understanding of industry trends. They would ideally have experience in the fitness and/or athleisure categories, an understanding of the business of fashion & retail & partner with & manage talent around key initiatives.
- Manage & support the execution of PR campaigns, programs & initiatives specific to Peloton Apparel, Retail, Studios & its member Community
- Craft communications & media relations strategies across Peloton Apparel, Retail, Studios & Community
- Draft vital documents including press releases, fact sheets, press pitches, talent & executive briefing books
- Creatively concept & execute both virtual & in-person press events & tactics around brand launches
- Effectively contribute to cross-functional teams & discussions
- Consistently drive impactful media coverage & results across business focuses
- Build & cultivate trusted media relationships on behalf of Peloton
- Proactively share status updates with the Senior Director & Senior Communications Lead to ensure cohesive execution across other areas of the Consumer
- Collaborate with global counterparts across Pelotons global press teams in the UK, Canada, Germany & Australia
- Mentor junior team members to support their growth within the Global Communications team & larger company
- Experience crafting communications strategies & programs
- Proven relationships across books of media with a strong grasp of style, lifestyle, fitness, retail & business/trade media
- Track record of securing brand-building press placements in key media outlets
- Experience & comfort working with & promoting talent/brand executives around key initiatives
- A passion for organization & project management, an ability to multi-task with grace
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial demeanor with the ability to participate in strategic conversations with internal & external partners
- Excellent oral & written communication skills (writing samples required) with the expertise to craft documents swiftly but with attention to detail
- A passion for storytelling & the drive to proactively craft mediagenic story angles
- Naturally creative with the ability to generate original ideas
- Results-oriented with an understanding of how to translate metrics internally
- 4+ years of PR experience, either agency or in-house
- Fitness, fashion and/or experience in the athleisure category a plus
- Bachelor's degree
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.