Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in digital experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product, marketing, & engineering professionals to accelerate innovation, increase velocity, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 20x. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we're quickly expanding our global presence with offices in New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, Cologne, Munich, & Sydney.
The Optimizely Product team works cross-functionally to develop & drive our company vision of being the world's leading experimentation platform. We each own key product & features & work on everything from strategy to execution & delivery-and continue tracking our work even after launch. We contribute to a great product alongside our designers, engineers, founders, go-to-market teams, & other PMs.
This role focuses on our Personalization solution. We help companies build more relevant, targeted experiences for their users -- all grounded in constant experimentation. You'll be responsible for developing & executing a vision for how experimentation & personalization can go hand-in-hand, & how new advances in machine learning can empower our customers to build better digital experiences.
Some of the team's key focus areas include:
- Audience targeting & segmentation: help customers run targeted experiments on specific personas & break down the results by behavior, location, & context
- Dynamic customer profiles: join first-party data, behavioral information, & 3rd-party integrations to build a complete picture of a user to drive advanced personalization
- Automated, 1:1 personalization: content & product recommendations based on a user's past browsing behavior, using algorithms like collaborative filtering
- Predictive Audiences: leveraging new machine learning techniques like word embeddings to predict user's intent & generate new segments
- New directions: prototyping & exploring new ideas for helping our customers deploy machine learning to build more relevant sites & apps
- You'll work with a diverse team that owns the end-to-end user experience, from ML Engineers & Data Scientists designing algorithms to Distributed Systems engineers building infrastructure to Frontend Developers & UX Designers building user experience.
Why is this exciting for you?
This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of Experimentation with cutting-edge technology in Machine Learning.
- You will work closely with a team of engineers, ML/data scientists, designers, statisticians & product managers to define & deliver personalization experiences that operate at web scale
- You will have regular customer interaction with data science & marketing teams from the world's most recognizable brands
- You will be a public facing evangelist for Optimizely's Personalization & Machine Learning vision
- You will partner cross-functionally with our Go-to-Market teams to launch new products & acquire new customers
- You will have the opportunity to lead, inspire & foster a culture of deep customer empathy within your team & beyond
You will succeed if you have:
- 4+ years SaaS product management experience
- A strong perspective on emerging trends in machine learning & the personalization/targeting space
- Experience with A/B testing & experimentation techniques
- Strong technical background -- you'll need to be comfortable working with engineers of various levels to make large-scale product, infrastructure, & roadmap decisions.
- Experience partnering with customers, design, engineering, & go-to-market teams to define a strategic product roadmap
- An analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive & scientific perspective. You are comfortable running quantitative analysis to help drive decisions but you also know how to balance quantitative & qualitative insights.
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening & driving group decision-making with data
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial or leadership activities
- Wellness Grant
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.