Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
We are seeking a talented, motivated digital-first Designer to collaborate with our creative team on design for our marketing channels. You will develop designs for paid & organic channels across social, CRM, growth marketing, email, & websites. This role requires a highly creative & imaginative individual who can operate within the framework of our style & brand guidelines to produce original, provocative, & engaging visual content. Our ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of successful design work, a bachelor's degree in graphic design, & comprehensive, expert-level knowledge of Figma, Adobe Suite, & related design software.
What Youll Do:
- Engage with the Art Director & Lead Designer during project briefs to ensure a unified, customer-centric & brief-aligned approach to visual solutions
- Work cross functionally with growth marketing stakeholders to ensure the creative is aligned with the business goals
- Collaborate with team members to ensure key information is incorporated into designs
- Work within brand & style guidelines, deliver novel visual solutions that support larger campaign & channel goals
- Leverage channel best practices, data & performance insights to deliver effective visual approaches & assets
- Create specialized assets for use on social media, in creative tests, or wherever necessary
- Collaborate with brand, integrated marketing, growth & creative peers to optimize designs for business performance
- Communicate & present design ideas clearly & concisely with a desire for feedback & input from others at key project milestones
- 3+ years of experience in design for in-house brands or agencies
- A foundational understanding of design & typography principles, layout & best practices across digital, UI/UX, print, & a desire to continually strengthen that understanding.
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design preferred
- Portfolio review of successful design work required
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high quality output & attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & Figma
- HTML knowledge is preferred
- Animation skills are a plus
- English fluency required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work - our corporate employees & technical leaders have the option to work remotely on Fridays, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $66,500. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.