Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are the Experimentation Platform that enable some of largest companies in the world to to turn data into action.
As we continue to enhance our enterprise class experimentation platform, we are looking for a senior engineer to help lead & create our next wave of services & architectural changes. We want you to be idealistic but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code & infrastructure. Scale & performance are part of everything we build. You'll be building the foundation that enables us to empower billions of experiences across all of our customers.
How you will make an impact
- Design & implement next generation core application backend components
- Identify when to replace & when to rebuild legacy systems
- Design & enhance all systems to be Enterprise Class (Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Security, etc)
- Work with monitoring & observability experts & use your own expertise to improve observability
- Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase
- Organize, plan, & lead large projects through to completion
Some technologies we work with:
- Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Docker, Jenkins, Linux
- Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Monitoring & observability tooling
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically & have developed best in class products
- You stay on top of technical trends, & know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- You haveexperience with Python
What sets ourEngineers apart:
- Work with colleagues that get youfired up every day & are super smart!
- Learn more about our engineering organization by visiting our blog
- We're engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You'll see us at PyBay (Bay Area), Austin Python Meetups & more
- We're not locked into a specific technology stack. You'll be working with & picking the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring,and observability tooling
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.