Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Based in New York, IT Manager position will be responsible for running company wide IT operations Within Andela New York, San Francisco & Austin. You will be responsible for designing, planning, implementation & overseeing administration & maintenance of network infrastructure within Andela including network security as per established policies. You will also oversee systems administration tasks for Andela systems as well as asset management. Reporting to the Director of IT, the IT Manager is responsible for building & maintaining reliable network infrastructure & maintaining essential IT operations for Andela US offices.
- Design, plan & implement the Andelas New York IT infrastructure as per set standards
- Implement network security at the location as per established policies & standards.
- Oversee the administration & maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure.
- Recommend areas of improvements.
- Ensure 99.9% network availability for the location.
- Manage administrative user roles & permissions as per set guidelines
- Provide regular updates on utilisation of all internal system resources.
- Work with other teams to help maintain & manage Internal Systems.
- Provide first line support to all tickets within the NY office.
- Interact with internal clients at all levels to help resolve IT-related issues & respond in a timely manner.
- Build & maintain vendor relationships & manage the purchase of hardware & software products.
- Ensure that company assets are maintained & inventory kept accurately.
- Work in a global team to ensure ISO & SOC activities are effectively executed
- Recommend & implement network & systems security solutions
- Procure equipment & solutions for the IT department.
- Monitor expenditure within the department
- Recommending cost effective solutions within Andela US.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6 years experience in IT end user support
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computing, or related field.
- A good understanding of computer networks, a Cisco or any other network certification.
- Experience administering the following Systems , G-Suite, Airwatch, Bettercloud, Okta etc
- Ability to work with different operating systems i.e MacOs, Windows & Linux
- Experience working with cloud based systems
- Understanding of helpdesk systems is essential.
- A good grasp of technical installations & willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware & other equipment
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people & technology
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe youre a good fit & well be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, & a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.