BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced, strategic, & inspiring senior manager to oversee all content in our India office. They will lead editorial & branded efforts across video & posts, with a primary focus on BuzzFeed Indias video efforts. We are looking to build on the success of the BuzzFeed India YouTube channel, which has helped establish the team as a unique & well-loved voice in the Indian media landscape, as well as grow our branded revenue in-market. The Head of Content is responsible for regional strategy, team leadership, business, brand & audience growth. They will manage & motivate a talented group of video producers, writers & social media specialists, ensuring stellar content is consistently delivered & that BuzzFeed continues its precedent as an innovative pioneer in world class digital content. The Head of India Content will liaise with research, product, marketing & sales at US HQ & BuzzFeed Australia to further expand the teams growing branded business. They will also lead all editorial work, ensuring output & exceptional performance is maintained.
- Be an expert in strategic & conceptual thinking.
- Help BuzzFeed grow audience in India, publishing work with nationwide cultural impact, & inspiring, original entertainment & lifestyle video.
- Continue a culture of cross-collaboration between departments, facilitating knowledge sharing & experimentation between teams in India & globally.
- Attract, develop, retain & inspire top creative talent.
- Ensure output, performance & good morale is maintained across the team.
- Uphold the values of transparency, collaboration & good communication in the growth of the content organization at BuzzFeed India.
- Oversee editorial & branded workflow, editing process, & productivity levels while mentoring a team & developing a culture that fosters experimentation, creativity, & clear measures of success for individuals tied into broader team goals.
- Regularly interface with advertising clients & serve as spokesperson & regional ambassador for the company.
- Think big to continue to develop BuzzFeeds brand & business in India.
- 5-7 years experience of editorial & branded content creation across video & posts.
- Extensive management & leadership experience in digital creative content space.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear direction, career path guidance & timely & helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget & schedule.
- Must demonstrate versatility & adaptability in a fluid & constantly changing environment.
- Adept at prioritizing work & resources across engagements based on strategic evaluation of both short- & long-term needs.
- Expert knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms, apps & social network.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills.
- Experience at hiring & managing freelance personnel.
- Ability to work quickly & efficiently, while keeping a cool head under pressure.
- A scrappy competitive drive -- you enjoy winning & really going for it, no matter what tools you are provided with.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We fuse hard work & fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, & humble confidence. As an employee, youll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, & no work on your birthday! But most importantly, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.