Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Broker Operations Team Lead to join our Broker Support team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Serving as a Broker Support Team Lead youll be tasked with a range of responsibilities, all with the goal of coaching, developing, & motivating our Broker Support Representatives. As a Broker Support Lead, youll work closely with Oscars InsOps, Concierge, Sales, & P&L teams to provide best in class support to our brokers & general agents. Additionally, youll be responsible for identifying & resolving complex broker issues across your assigned region. You will be required to work cross functionally in order to monitor & resolve broker issues efficiently & effectively. Lastly, you will be required to identify, manage, & improve any broker gaps with a keen eye for detail.
You will report into the Associate Operations Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly manage a team of about 10-15 Broker Representatives focusing on team operations, quality, performance, & development
- Work to develop coaching plans for each team member & work with each team member individually to hone their skills
- Drive engagement with the team by creating an inviting culture that aligns with Oscars core values
- Implement team reporting, flag & raise trending issues, & regularly identify areas of improvement
- Assist in the development of training curriculums & certification programs for new hires & experienced team members
- Contribute to the overall build of the Broker Support team (e.g., shared inboxes, career pathing, tool & system compliance, etc.)
- Partner with cross-functional counterparts across the country to develop & implement operational improvements to daily workflows
- Drive daily efficiency for Broker Support in the following areas: systemic, large-scale issue resolution turnaround time, broker & employee satisfaction, & resolution quality
- Serve as central communicator -- leading team huddles, promoting vision & strategy, & providing feedback to members of the team & company
- Conduct root-cause analyses on systemic broker issues & construct action plans to address
- Serve as an escalation point for members of your team with the ability to partner with key stakeholders across the organization
Required education & experience
- 2+ years of direct people management experience, ideally of non-exempt employees
- Experience using analytics tools or reports (such as Excel, Tableau, JIRA) to read, interpret, & action upon data
- Experience supporting process improvement initiatives cross-functionally
- Demonstrable evidence of upward career trajectory growth
Preferred education & experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior healthcare and/or startup experience
- Strong proficiency navigating Excel/Google Sheets, JIRA, and/or SQL
- Experience in B2B account management
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.