Critical Mass is looking for a Senior Developer to partner directly with our banking industry client to lead the development of their newly formed Design System MVP. This design & technology framework will become the foundation of the digital product experience transformation for our client. In this role, you will have the opportunity to architect the vision of a scalable system that can enable high quality of design while bringing efficient & consistent product execution to deliver brand new experiences for our clients online customer portal.
Our team is made up of UX leaders, Designers, Researchers, Content Strategists, Operations Managers, & Developers. As a Senior Developer, you will be part of a Design Thinking culture where you can use your creativity, analytical skills, & knowledge of user-facing technologies to enable efficient, high-quality execution of premier products & features.
This is a remote contract opportunity for 3 months, with a possibility for extension or to become permanent. US or Canadian applicants only, please.
- Use modern front-end frameworks & digital pattern libraries to rapidly prototype with code.
- Deliver solutions that balance technical & business requirements by choosing the best mix of cutting-edge technology.
- Work with project teams to understand business & user requirements.
- Exercise quality control on all aspects of web development to maintain high coding standards & practices.
- 5+ years of coding experience developing front end for scaled Design Systems & responsive websites
- Experience with progressive Vue.js 2 or 3, & with CSS pre-processing frameworks (Sass or Less).
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Vast experience in developing Design Tokens to rapidly build functional prototypes (Pieces of UI content in code)
- Practical knowledge of version controlled user interface frameworks
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, or XD
- Write intuitive documentation of functional code, process, & guidelines to drive how a team designs products following best practices
- Working knowledge of accessibility especially WCAG 2.1 AA standards
- The ability to put the users experience at the core of the code you write
- A passion for writing code that delivers tailored experiences