What We Do:
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures & enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengthsmachine learning, analytics, data visualization & software developmentwith the expertise of our industrial customers & partners. The result is enormous savings in development time & resources for every user of Uptakes industrial applications & enterprise AI & IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
As an Asset Specialist in the Product organization, you will assist our team as we use our customers data to improve machine reliability. This is done by custom Data Science (machine learning) models as well as through the use of Uptakes Asset Strategy Library (ASL), which is the worlds most comprehensive knowledge base of asset types, failure mechanisms, & maintenance recommendations. You will work closely with internal teams to leverage your areas of expertise to continuously improve Uptakes product offerings, as well as provide external services related to maintenance strategy optimization & asset specific issues.The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of on/off road heavy assets in a commercial application & understands the value of productizing their knowledge into software solutions.
- Internal & external single point of contact for assigned area of responsibility (i.e., Electrical, Mechanical, Control Systems).
- Assist in the creation or revision of Uptakes Asset Strategy Library content, including, as needed, leading content development workshops using documented methodology.
- Develop & maintain a network of partners to leverage specific areas of expertise as needed.
- Support internal Uptake teams as required with:
- Proposal development
- Product development
- Customer interactions related to areas of expertise
- Provide customer success services such as:
- Value Based Maintenance Optimization
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 6 years of industrial, utility or military experience in areas such as:
- Asset Management
- Reliability Engineering
- Working knowledge of on/off road heavy assets equipment/component types common within a given area of expertise.
- Ability to relate equipment sensor data to their corresponding failure modes / locations.
- Ability to think analytically & problem solve using sensor data.
- Understanding of reliability theory & its application to maintenance strategies.
- Ability to contribute individually & as part of an expert team.
- Proficiency in written & verbal communication, including creating & delivering presentations.
- Understanding of electronic database structures & formats.
Why Work Here:
Uptake is a values-driven organization, & we are excited about what we do. Were flexible, honest, hardworking, & collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, & experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support & challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, & we might have a little fun along the way. Were also proud to be one of Chicagos best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes & Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, & an open PTO policy. We are lifelong learners, & our Uptake University program offers training & professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Latinx@Uptake, Engineering Alliance@Uptake, Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, & many more. Learn more athttps://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes & encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.