Were looking for a detail-oriented, data-driven contractor to support our campaigns team in developing & executing national social change campaigns. Youll bring a desire to test the best ways to engage young people motivated in social action, a knack for juggling competing responsibilities, & a keen attention to the user experience & fighting for the user.
In this temporary role, you will assist multiple campaign leads & work cross-functionally on different campaigns. Your responsibilities will mainly be:
- Voter Registration Drives: You will be assisting the civic action team with empowering 2,000+ young people across the country to run on the ground voter registration drives in their communities. This includes everything from resource development, running trainings & answering emails from young people, ensuring we are staying compliant with state & federal law, & reporting out on registrations to the full team.
- Competitions: You will be responsible for running the full lifecycle of competitions across our national cause campaigns to increase our impact & the number of young people taking action with us. This includes designing the competition, fulfilling prizes to young people, & data analysis behind its performance.
- Admin: You will help answer questions from young people participating in our campaigns, review member submissions, & make edits to the site as needed.
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: April 30th
- 20 hours/week
- Must be able to work onsite at our NYC office.
- The contractor needs to be:
- Organized, detail-oriented, & proactive
- Analytical, data-driven, & curious
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & quickly respond to feedback
- Impact-driven & solution-oriented
- Adaptable & open
- The contractor should be proficient with:
- Email etiquette
- G Suite & Trello
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make an impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change & we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We dont hire just anybody. We work hella hard & we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are & what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own why for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, & operate like a tech-forward startup. Our ideal candidate brings an extremely high level of creativity, passion, & leadership to the role. They get pumped at the idea of creating big idea concepts that can be executed across all marketing channels for our organization.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org & DoSomething Strategic (we, us) are committed to protecting & respecting your privacy. This policy explains when & why we collect personal information on candidates, & how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people & social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online & offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How & why we collect data from you.
- We collect & retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, & any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, & other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking & gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be recycled for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHRs systems in accordance with JazzHRs Terms of Service.