Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Were looking for a Technical Program Manager who will play a key role in scaling out our Search experience across the country & maintaining a high quality for our users. This individual will work with Product Managers, Engineers (both on site & remote), Data Analysts & regional stakeholders to help collect requirements, coordinate feature rollouts, & ensure post-launch support. The right candidate will be an excellent project manager & communicator, able to work on & prioritize multiple work streams, technically able to diagnose & unblock individual efforts, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, & focused on solving problems for customers.
- Become an expert in regional search features, which includes the end-to-end user experience, but also the infrastructure needed to deliver it, like data structure, filter configuration, etc.
- Investigate & manage complex breakages & own driving timely resolution
- Help coordinate timelines across multiple product & business teams (e.g. Data, Listings, Search, regional product support, etc.) to deliver changes or resolve bugs
- Help drive the quality of our search product nationally by helping coordinate QA efforts & advocating for necessary roadmap changes to deliver a more reliable experience
- Measure search quality & functional parity to regional competitors, & drive to close gaps
- Proactively develop process & documentation to optimize as necessary
- Communicate timelines, updates, risks & new opportunities to leaders & stakeholders
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck & providing day-to-day coordination
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented & demonstrated ability to follow through on several complex projects simultaneously
- Possessing a get things done attitude & being scrappy to deliver on outcomes
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams
- Experience leading initiatives across functional boundaries
- Interpersonal & relationship building skills within a diverse, cross-functional team
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.