As a People & Culture Associate at Compass, you will champion our values & ensure that Compass is a great place to come to work everyday. Youll be instrumental in building our growing company & People & Culture function, aligning business objectives with employees & managers. Youll brainstorm & work with a dynamic People & Culture team, as well as across functions, learning & contributing in an energizing environment.
- Lead employee onboarding / our first 90 days experience to ensure new hires join & assimilate in an engaging & seamless fashion. This includes covering all the details from preparing/processing new employee paperwork, benefit & payroll items, leading first day Orientation & other programming through the first 90 days, monitoring new employee satisfaction & constantly benchmarking & evolving our processes.
- Lead training & development efforts, promoting training resources to our team & ensuring an engaging & effective mix of developmental opportunities & robust tracking & assignment.
- Provide People & Culture / HR support to the business, such as swift & effective resolutions to employee questions & issues.
- Roll out processes including performance management, compensation planning, benefits & perks, employee feedback, retention, key employee metrics & more.
- Coach employees to assist them in their development, career planning & resolving challenges.
- Build compliance into all we do, including keeping pace with new HR requirements as we enter new jurisdictions, including EEO-1 reporting, state law compliance & more.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 0-2+ years of People / HR experience.
- Masters in Human Resources or PHR certification
- Empathetic & engaging. You connect well with employees & understand their needs. You have strong interpersonal & teamwork skills.
- Solutions-driven. You believe theres a way you can solve any challenge. You understand & are energized by the impact of ensuring employee needs are constantly met. You take pride in delivering timely & thorough service & outstanding follow-up.
- Integrity. You understand how to handle confidential information & sensitive issues.
- Agile. Youre an expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing & ensuring all needs are met. You keep calm even when theres a lot to do.
- Talented. You have superior verbal & written communication skills, & represent us well in all you do.