As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume, scalable, secure, & reliable using open source based Cloud solutions for Big Data technologies
- Work at the intersection of infrastructure & software engineering, & design & deploy cloud infrastructure build on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming & other Open Source Big Data technologies.
- Collaborate with various teams to build & maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, & cost-effective distributed solutions.
- Bring together cross-functional teamsand build automation to deliver programmable & vendor-neutral infrastructure that transforms virtualization to new compute paradigm. Design the Cloud, & Container strategy around PaaS Solutions.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering & Operations team during & after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges & process improvements.
- Responsible for the design & implementation of agile-innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization, & commoditization.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity & support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose while keeping technology relevant.
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience including, 5+ years in managing teams and5+ years of big data technologies or data platformarchitecture experience with deep technology expertise in the following:
- Architecture design & development of large scale data platforms & data application with simple solutions
- Expertise in design & management of complex data structures & data processes
- Expertise in managing & operating distributed big datasystems, including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, & etc.
- Deep knowledge & hands on experience on big data & cloud computing technologies.
- Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using languages like Java, C/C++, Python, or Golang. Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Strong servicearchitecture & development experience with high performance & scalability
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition & processing, data management, distributed processing, & high availability is required. Experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning & operational excellence of productionsystems is a plus.
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge & experience on measuring a service from user experience angle.
- Strong on driving for results & self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance currentarchitectures & build durable new ones.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, & interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicatearchitectural issues & concepts to multiple organization levels & executive management.
- Deep experience in:
- SQL/noSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP)
- Experience on distributed application performance engineering, mobile application development, database design, middleware, user interface development, & information security engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong leadership & team player.
- Strong skills on mentoring/growing junior people
- Payment industry experience is a plus.