As an Application Security Engineer on our Security Engineering team, you will support our cloud infrastructure by developing tools, building services & providing consultative services to our engineering teams. You will be a key member safeguarding our creators who entrust vimeo with their content every day. You will build tools, & services (We use Python, & Go). Youll plan & carry out security measures to monitor & protect sensitive data & systems from infiltration & cyber-attacks. You love to solve puzzles, & are a great team player
What youll do:
- Contribute to the infrastructure, application & security teams at Vimeo
- Create services, tools & process to manage the security of our applications
- Perform regular security assessments of Vimeos platforms & software
- Identify & remediate weaknesses in our processes & procedures
- Configure systems to comply with industry best practices & hardening standards
- Prioritize, triage & remediate vulnerabilities & findings from system scans & bug bounty programs
What were expecting:
- Solid understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP, HTTP & TLS
- Understands the principle of least privilege & the confidentiality, integrity, & availability triad & will work to enforce those concepts in our environment
- Experience with web application penetration testing
- Experience with languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, PHP, Node.js
- Experience with secure coding practices & automating security checks in pipelines
- Comfortable working in & across cloud environments like AWS & GCP
- Comfortable with DevOps style tools like Ansible, Chef, Terraform, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
- Link to a Github repo with security tools/scripts youve developed or help maintain
- Web development experience or open source vulnerability research
- Experience with system security hardening guidelines & SDLC principles
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com