Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
As an Engineering Manager you will play a very important role leading one of the engineering teams that are at the heart of Nexthink's product.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Build high-quality engineering team including hiring, onboarding, coaching, performance improvement & career progression of the engineers.
- Drive & lead the engineering processes, architecture & technical roadmap within the team in collaboration with the engineers.
- Manage the technical debt, security, quality & technical decisions in an efficient & structured manner.
- Evangelize, drive & continuously improve our agile methodologies for software development to continue building our product iteratively & in a lean way.
- Work with the Product manager & Product designers to write effective user stories, to build effective product roadmap with your technical inputs & ensure the smooth & close collaboration with the engineers from discovery to delivery.
- Ensure good coordination between different agile teams across multiple locations as well as cross-departments collaboration such as Marketing, sales, HR or customer success.
- Contribute technically within the team by bringing your experience in code reviews, prototypes & potentially in the codebase.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role leading engineering teams in an Agile environment (experience as CTO of a start-up is a big plus).
- Knowledge around the technology stack & processes for full stack development, microservices & cloud architecture & deployment
- Experience as software engineer or architect with excellent understanding of coding, software architectures & with the ability to discuss technical details
- Experience collaborating with the product managers & engineers to generate a high business value
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching & mentoring software engineers towards delivering timely & high-quality software while growing them to the next level
- Strong get things done mindset, willing to do what it takes to get concrete outcomes.
- Profound know-how in agile practices & frameworks
- Teamwork & collaboration are part of your DNA
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient English (spoken & written), French is a plus
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.