Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come & join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
We are looking for a Recruiter to join our People Operations team here at Cockroach Labs. You will work on scaling & executing an end-to-end recruitment process for a variety of positions, most of which will be for our engineering team. Youll work with the Head of People Operations to understand how recruiting ties into the business & prioritize working on roles that will create the most impact.
- Youll source & attract talent using innovative & creative methods & tools. You prioritize bringing candidates from diverse backgrounds into our hiring process & making sure our hiring processes are inclusive & welcoming.
- You will iterate on our open sourced, structured interview process & training programs by incorporating feedback from the team & candidates.
- You enjoy building relationships both internally & externally with candidates, partners, hiring managers, & interviewers. We believe it is key to build trust with the people you work with, as well as senior leadership & executives.
- Youll work with our Head of People Operations to determine & track relevant metrics for hiring & our talent pipeline.
- You will collaborate with the marketing team on building an employment brand & crafting comprehensive candidate messaging. You will help us strengthen our presence in the tech community by attending & holding events, conferences, & meetups as well.
In your first 30 days, you will review the 2018 hiring plan & understand what our priorities are for the next 3 months. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our recruiting process, technology, & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will do your first of many hiring kick-offs for new open roles. Youll focus on the efficiency & effectiveness of our recruiting process & identify areas of improvement for our interviews.
6 months later, you will have welcomed several new Roachers to the team after bringing them through our recruiting process, start-to-finish.
As our company continues to grow, you will also have the opportunity to hire a recruiter & expand the team to reach our hiring goals for 2019 & beyond.
- You enjoy working on highly technical roles in the technology industry. We have a very high hiring bar & know that it is only getting more difficult to hire engineering talent as industry competition increases.
- You have experience closing senior-level candidates & negotiating equity-driven compensation packages.
- You are comfortable working with multi-functional teams to hire backend & full stack engineering managers & individual contributors. Youre interested in expanding your recruiting expertise & working on non-technical priority roles as well, including those for the marketing & sales teams.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.