SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
QUALITY MANAGER (METROLOGY)
The Quality Manager for Metrology is responsible for continuously developing & improving the overall Metrology Quality System while meeting compliance with ISO/IEC17025 & ANSI/NCSL Z540.3. This individual must be a critical thinker, demonstrate mental flexibility & be a driver for positive change. This position will work with device owners & metrology personnel across all SpaceX sites to drive tactical action & strategic quality initiatives.
- Primary responsibility to develop a robust Metrology Quality System to become & sustain compliance with ISO/IEC17025 & ANSI/NCSL Z540.3.
- Responsible for all quality related processes & actions for the SpaceX metrology department. This includes internal audits, proficiency testing, calibration data base fidelity, correctness of calibration actions & more.
- Mentor & manage a quality specialist to help execute quality related projects, complete investigations & holistically build a robust quality system for the department.
- Work internally & with device owners to investigate anomalous behavior relating to calibrated devices.
- Work with metrology management & engineering to define & execute creative solutions to increase overall department efficiency while maintaining or improving the overall quality of metrology process flows.
- Final approver or reviewer for out of tolerance (OOT) assessments relating to calibration standards. Responsibilities can include completing the investigation to understand device OOT impact. Will have influence to recommend & coordinate device recalls if necessary.
- Ownership of the metrology calibration database to identify errors, implement corrective action & sustain a high quality metrology database.
- Execute actions to incorporate all value add metrology database capabilities which are not being used currently that address departmental needs.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- 10+ years of experience working in the metrology industry.
- 5+ years of experience working with & implementing ISO/IEC17025 & ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 methodology.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in an engineering or science discipline or quality assurance.
- 2+ years of lab management experience.
- PMEL certified and/or experience calibrating devices relating to electrical, physical dimensional, force, temperature & humidity or other specialty devices.
- Software, database management and/or coding skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with limited resources.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITARhere.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.