Betterworks is transforming how organizations motivate, engage & develop their global workforces. Motivated individuals & teams are connected to their organizations, aligned to priorities & committed to achieving company goals today & to building their skills for tomorrow - this is the cornerstone of business success.We are looking for an Office Manager to support our New York City team & manage the day-to-day operations of our office. Ideal candidates will be self-starters who are organized, efficient, & enthusiastic about joining a growing startup.
- Some general administrative responsibilities such as; meeting scheduling, & travel arrangements.
- Support ordering, shipping, & deliveries.
- Support office setup, decorating, & layout management.
- Organize lunches, functions, parties, tours, & events, both on-site & off-site.
- Manage facilities & relationships with vendors & service providers.
- Meet, greet, & direct visitors & guests before & after meetings.
- Support recruiting & hiring, interview scheduling, & some new employee onboarding.
- Proactively develop, implement, & improve processes to streamline office operations.
- Lead one-off & ongoing special projects employee engagement projects such as volunteer events, & employee engagement events
- Support a healthy & productive culture.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of office management and/or administrative assistant experience in a technical company (preferably early stage startup).
- Willingness to accept high degree of uncertainty, jump in & help wherever needed, get hands dirty, & wear multiple hats on a fast-moving team.
- Ability to work independently, quickly learn organizational structure, & demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize, with a strong work ethic & attention to detail.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills & enthusiasm for new tasks & challenges.
Perks at BetterWorks
- Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated & intelligent folks with a unique range of startup & enterprise experience
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Mentorship opportunities
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Daily catered meals
- Unlimited in-house snacks & drinks
- Unlimited vacation
BetterWorks provides continuous performance management for organizations like Lumeris, Vertiv, Kroger, Akamai & Schneider Electric. It helps leaders easily improve employee performance through seamless goal setting & ongoing feedback. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City, & is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Emergence Capital & 8VC. The experienced team comes from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce & Yammer. Learn more at https://www.betterworks.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive & diverse BetterWorks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, & better ideas allow us to better understand the needs & interests of our diverse, global BetterWorks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives & are an equal opportunity employer.