As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Staff SW Engineer, a motivated senior individual contributor based in Austin, will be part of the Visa Online & Global Partner Portals Engineering Team that reports into the Digital & Developer Platform Group. The role will be a key centerpiece in all collaboration with User Experience Designers, Technology Engineers & Product Owners on Visa Online & Global Partner Portal. The role will provide UI engineering support to the engineering leader of the team, impact & influence every user experience decision for the team through the lifecycle from design to delivery, & communicate design visions & design languages. The role will also interact with diverse teams of Product & Technology partners, be recognized as a key UI engineering subject matter expert to facilitate deep design discussions & workshops.
This role is well versed with the latest UI trends & standards, web accessibility guidelines & practices, & knows how & when to apply as well as when to think out of the box. This role is more than just a very strong technical individual but also a high energy engineer who inspires others.
- Design, build, deliver & maintain all UI engineering implementations on Visa Online & Global Partner Portal.
- Function as the UI engineering subject matter expert for Visa Online & Global Partner Portal.
- Align with the direction & information provided by the engineering leaders to drive delivery of robust & usable UI deliverables to meet requirements & roadmap.
- Collaborate with a geographically diverse group of Product & Technology partners to drive the continuous UI improvements on Visa Online & Global Partner Portal.
- Engage with other Product & Technology partners across Visa & be a voice of influence in evangelizing the best & latest in UI, User Experience & Accessibility.
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner & with a high level of quality within an agile & dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines.
- At least 4 years of hands-on working experience in the IT industry, with in-depth architectural & hands-on technical knowledge on building engaging, extendable, usable, reusable & accessible UI (applications & components) .
- Possess robust creative analytical skills to define product & technological directions, & elicit business requirements to translate into technical specifications amidst ambiguity.
- Possess ability to collaborate with both Product & Technology counterparts to facilitate design discussions.
- Strong articulation, interpersonal & collaboration abilities are required.
- Strong time management, organization & planning skills are required.
- Solid ability to set priorities in a multi-tasking environment is required
- Self-starter with a deep sense of ownership & demonstrated ability to achieve results with ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task under tight deadlines.
- High energy authentic individual who is able to lead, motivate, influence & up-level the team positively.
- Strong hands-on experience & understanding of UX, design techniques & principles is required.
- Hands-on experience with deriving conceptual design prototypes, wireframes, & HTML Prototypes is required.
- Understanding with Web Standards & Accessibility Best Practices is required.
- Hands-on experience with responsive Design Principles is required.
- Any hands-on experience with server-side web application frameworks & languages such as Ruby, Rails, C#, ASP.Net, JAVA, Spring MVC, Struts, JS, or NodeJS is highly advantageous.
- Any understanding & past design experience with Adobe Experience Manager is highly advantageous.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.