At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
What youll do:
- Build & improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance & scalability
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate & test new features
- Youll be designing & building an improved architecture for significant parts of our stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
- Grow technically & professionally in a collaborative & inclusive environment with opportunities to learn & share with others
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Have extensive experience designing & implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Are able to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Have experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- Have experience with relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) & data modeling techniques
- Have strong organizational ability & can break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detailwhether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers & businesses
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.