Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation & create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community & collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte & Magazine, & have been rated a leader by the analyst community & named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future of the web, & we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking an experienced & motivated attorney to join our dynamic, fun, collaborative, & team-focused company. The Legal Associates primary responsibility will focus on drafting & negotiating commercial transactions (PaaS & SaaS offerings, NDAs, vendor/procurement agreements) and support other legal matters that may arise. This position is located in our Boston, MA headquarters.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a successful private company, & play a key role in supporting the companys rapid growth.
- Review & negotiate customer sales contracts (Subscription Services Agreements for PaaS & SaaS hosted offerings, that meet the companys requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team, including executives.
- Review & negotiate procurement agreements (marketing, software, events, etc)
- Collaborate with revenue finance team, sales operations, product operations, support, security & other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the companys interests.
- Provide legal advice to sales department on a day-to-day basis.
- Be a trusted business partner providing timely, thoughtful & helpful responses to requests from internal customers.
- Collaborate with revenue finance team to oversee the internal contract approval process (Quote-to-Cash process)
- Doctor of Law degree (J.D.)
- Member of Massachusetts or other state bar in good standing
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years relevant practice experience in corporate legal department and/or law firm, preferably with high-growth or startup technology companies dealing with commercial transactions.
- Experience of providing legal support to a sales team.
- Strong experience negotiating complex commercial transactions.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple transactions in compliance with company policy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills & a commitment to professionalism & collegiality.
- Well-organized & detail-oriented with an outstanding work ethic; should be able to independently manage & successfully prioritize numerous projects under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility & willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- A non-hierarchical & low ego team-player who is comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial & fast-paced environment & used to very busy peak times at quarter ends.
- Mature individual with good judgment who is pragmatic & solution oriented. A genuine business partner who will provide commercially-focused advice which balances appropriate legal risk management with the need to enable & support the business.
- Outstanding organizational & project management skills.
- Ability to influence major decisions having legal ramifications through reasoned analysis & business understanding.
- Demonstrable ability to understand technical issues quickly; possessing strong analytical & problem-solving skills & demonstrating a strong ability to prioritize.
- Deeper knowledge in relation to data protection law & familiarity with current developments a plus.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.