Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
The Emerging Product team at CarGurus is looking for skilled Principal Software Engineers to work on exciting projects in the automotive space. These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging & exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid experimentation & iteration is a core attribute for successful team members.
Our currently public initiatives are:
- P2P Making selling or buying cars privately easy, safe, & secure.
- Finance & Digital Retail Enabling car buying online, starting with financing transparency.
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds & perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, & data analysts to take an idea from concept to technical design to implementation to testing to measurement.
- Provide technical & architectural leadership
- Lead teams of fellow engineers including mentorship of new teammates
- Pitch in wherever there will be the greatest impact. This could be anything from implementing a new full consumer facing feature, to integrating with a key partner or technology, to a quick vapor or A/B test to help determine whats next.
- Continuously learn & expand your capabilities
Who You Are:
- Experience architecting performant large scale web applications
- Expert in OOP (Java preferred),
- Leader in full-stack performance, data modeling/management, & web tier technologies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Curious & plays well with others
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings.Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, & London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.