Title: Associate Director, Paid Social
We are looking for a passionate, innovative, & collaborative team player who will join our team as Associate Director of Paid Social. In this role, you will lead our paid social media strategy, with a focus on planning, optimization, & revenue maximization across key social networks including Meta, TikTok, Snap, Pinterest as well as emerging platforms.
You will drive our North America roadmap supporting HelloFresh (US & Canada), EveryPlate, Chefs Plate, GreenChef & Factor for our always-on paid social presence as well as actively test across new & future platforms such as Twitch, NextDoor, etc. Furthermore, you will embody a growth mindset driving repeatable & scalable results through creative innovation & insights.
Our ideal candidate will have broad visibility across the business as well as the global HelloFresh Community & will collaborate daily with peers in Growth, Brand, Creative, Product, Finance, & Analytics.
It's an exciting time to join HelloFresh as we continue to change the way people eat forever & this role is a strategic & high performance/high impact role driving incredible growth at HelloFresh working across the Growth Organization.
- Be the link between consumer marketing & acquisition activities & overall business performance, equipping senior leaders with insight into the impact of paid & organic app initiatives.
- Lead & manage a growing paid social media team through servant leadership, mentoring & coaching.
- Scale our subscriber base from Meta, TikTok, Snap, as well as other paid social media channels via paid advertising
- Create a robust test framework & queue to optimize our spend & performance to improve LTV/CAC ratios.
- Utilize a data-driven methodology, analysis, & measurement to improve effectiveness & efficiency of our app acquisition initiatives
- Oversee campaign management & reporting, including in-depth analytics of LTV, CPA, ROI, & incrementality
- Collaborate with our organic social team to cross-share creative learnings & collaborate with Pricing team to test & learn new create strategies & offers to scale subscriptions.
- Have a passion for innovation, as well as tenacity for owning the end-to-end mobile app customer acquisition funnel, collaborating across multiple functions & driving business results for both the short & long term
- Partner with internal teams to optimize campaign performance; e.g. Creative, BI, Digital Product, etc.(targeting, optimization, creative direction, etc.)
- Collaborate with Data Science to develop tooling, automation, & new measurement methodologies, improve measurement rigor, & optimize performance
- Obsessed with growth while not being afraid to get your hands dirty
- Persistent & have bias-to-action with a track record of performance. Interest in other growth/performance marketing channels is a plus
- Excellent grasp of paid social campaign development, execution, & optimization ideally spanning multiple verticals & objectives
- Able to build, lead, empower, & inspire a team of direct reports to do the best work of their lives, resulting in a world-class high performing team
- A natural hustler with a contagious can-do attitude who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Responsible & love owning projects from start to finish
- Confidence in communicating across the organization, with cross-functional stakeholders, & to executive leadership
- An expert with consumer app marketing activities & associated engagement metrics
- Proactive & enjoy coming up with new ideas & can explain your rationale
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data to optimize day-to-day performance & run split testing campaigns.
- A bachelors degree with a strong academic record and/or proven relevant experience in a performance marketing or highly commercial role.
- 11+ years of experience directly managing acquisition campaigns at $100M+ annual budget client or agency side
- Expert level knowledge of paid social marketing & in platform expertise
- Deep understanding of paid social & auction based ad technology platforms such as Smartly, Kenshoo, Marin & Sprinklr
- Strong understanding of advertising & auction dynamics
- Experience working with online ad platforms like Apple Ads, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Snapchat Business Manager, TikTok Ads Manager etc.
- Solid understanding of testing approaches including A/B tests as well as incrementality tests
- Substantial experience working with performance marketing metrics (CPM, CPI, CPA, CPC & LTV)
- Experience with subscription products, LTV & multi-touch attribution a plus
- Competitive salary, 401k with company match that vests immediately upon participation, & company equity plan based on role
- Generous PTO & parental leave of up to 16 weeks
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits with options at $0 monthly, effective first day of employment
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Up to 75% discount on subscriptions to HelloFresh meal plans (HelloFresh, Green Chef, Everyplate, & Factor_)
- Access to 6 different Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including those for minorities, women, veterans, parents, & LGBTQ+
- Inclusive, collaborative, & dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company that is growing exponentially year over year
Position is eligible to participate, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval, in HelloFresh's equity program