Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover is building a new type of health insurance companyone focused on delivering better health outcomes for our members through artificial intelligence & deep engagement with physicians. The Programs team works at the forefront of Clovers fast-moving strategic priorities, addressing operational challenges & enabling innovation.
As a Technical Program Manager youll support the Strategic Technology portfolio alongside Program Managers & Process Analysts. Through technical requirements gathering, documenting current & future state ecosystem designs & working with our tech partners to scope & sequence work, you will provide the technical expertise needed for the team to implement on these high-value initiatives.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will:
- Work closely with program managers, stakeholders, software engineers, data analysts, & others to get high-quality programs scoped & designed to achieve company goals.
- Provide the required hands-on technical requirements gathering, project management, cross-functional coordination, & inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Develop & manage a timeline for the program lifecycle (design, build, test & release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues & clearly communicate them to project partners.
- Take advantage of data to sustain decision-making, guide prioritization, & make recommendations to the business.
- Take charge of technical program schedules & milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Head several technical programs for Clover, setting priorities for Healthcare IT & engineering, guiding cross-functional teams to guide the strategic technology roadmap, ensuring success metrics inform future efforts, & quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
You will love this job if:
- You love using technical tools to solve business problems & thrive on creating value.
- You use data to guide decisions, from ideation to prioritization to testing of product features.
- You have a strong bias towards action and are able to motivate those around you to get things done.
- You have a knack to craft a compelling message & tailor it for a given audience, with the ability to mix technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable & useful.
- You are passionate & driven by Clover's mission, excited to create a significant impact on member experience & the company.
- You have a deep intuition on system design & are able to de-risk technical components of a project meaningfully.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business partners & business matters with technical partners. You are able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
You should get in touch if:
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience in technical fields & project management.
- You have experience working with engineering, product, & data science teams.
- You have experience as a software engineer & program/project management; experience as an engineering manager.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Healthcare payer (Medicare Advantage) experience preferred
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.