Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a RN Clinical Trainer to join our Clinical Quality & Training team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are an innovative, collaborative team focused on providing Oscar employees engaging learning experiences that meet the needs of the case management team & clinical staff across the organization. We work with clinical team leaders to develop custom learning solutions for employee on-boarding & ongoing education to help departments adapt & thrive as department needs evolve.
You are a creative, tech-savvy RN who enjoys engaging with new people & can break down complex workflows into accessible learning experiences. As a clinical trainer, you will create e-learnings, instructor-led courses, workflows & other educational materials to help our employees & Virtual Primary Care Provider team members understand & adhere to department processes. You will play a crucial part in developing educational content for exciting new clinical programs across the organization.
You will report into the Clinical Trainer Lead.
- Creating e-learnings, powerpoint presentations & other educational content using instructional design concepts & adult learning theory principles
- Facilitating on-boarding & continuing education learning experiences to Oscar employees & Oscar Medical Group Virtual Primary Care Providers & team members in virtual & in-person settings
- Working cross-departmentally to coordinate on-boarding for new team members (obtaining appropriate systems access, developing training schedules & coordinating precepting & shadowing experiences)
- Collaborating with clinical department leaders & business stakeholders to identify team learning needs & develop interactive educational content
- Partnering with the Clinical Quality team to identify knowledge gaps & creating refresher training
- Auditing team members to assess training effectiveness & adherence to department workflows for new & tenured staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned based on department needs
- Active & unrestricted RN license in Arizona
- 5+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- 1+ years of training experience in health plan case management or other clinical training environments
- Computer/tech-savvy- proficient in Excel, Powerpoint - able to work in multiple systems concurrently.
- A detail oriented professional who is also able to grasp global concepts
- Effective communication skills - must feel comfortable presenting in 1:1, small & large group settings
- Organized - able to successfully handle multiple deliverables
- Flexible! Must be able to adapt to changing organizational requirements with a positive attitude.
- Experience with instructional design, including the development of learning modules within learning management systems.
- Experience facilitating virtual learning sessions using video conference platforms
- Working knowledge of Medicare, individual & small group health plan operations.
- Understanding of case management concepts - working knowledge in behavioral health.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.