At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, & rely upon todays powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, & we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer & end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Googles distributed tracing solution) & Monarch (Googles high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to & a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals & as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, & the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
We are growing fast & are adding to our team of talented, curious, low-ego, challenger sales team in New York City.
What youll do
- Lead a talented field team of East Coast-based account executives to hit revenue goals
- Hire, train, & grow Sales the team.
- Work closely with the VP Sales to cultivate company culture & execute a territory plan
- Manage pipeline, sales activity accurately forecast quarter closes.
Youd be a great addition if
- You've managed a growing team in technical enterprise sales with a track record of achieving quota
- You're motivated by the success of your team, & are excited to support strategic deals in the East coast (and possibly Europe in the future)
- Youre excited to evangelize a best-in-class observability solution to developers, VPs of Engineering & CTOs
- You are committed to every customer having an incredibly positive experience.
- You enjoy building sales process & sharing learnings from the frontline with marketing, product, & customer success.
Bonus points if
- Youve managed and/or sold (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale distributed systems & microservice-based architectures
- You've successfully recruited, trained & hired account executives
- You have experience outside of sales: marketing, engineering, design, etc.
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.