Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a data scientist specializing in analytics, you will leverage your analytical skills to research, solve & report on business problems using large data sets, driving the direction of the company. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We are looking for people with a background in manipulating & analyzing complex data sets, reporting results & communicating effectively with internal stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs. You should be technically inclined or interested in learning new technologies & tools. We encourage growth either in more technical business & product analytics as well as tangential fields like risk & data engineering.
- Clean, manipulate & analyze large, complex data sets, spanning a wide variety of sources.
- Meet the analytical needs of teams such as operations, marketing, finance, accounting & product.
- Drive the direction of the company through a mix of meticulous research & creativity.
- Research & recommend actionable solutions to nebulous business problems based on often unclean data.
- Generate & maintain reports & dashboards for internal & external consumers.
- Alongside business stakeholders & engineers, reconcile crucial data integrity issues.
- Communicate analysis results with effective storytelling.
- Inform our other data science & data engineering teams of broader business needs.
What We Value:
- Experience with SQL to pull, join & explore data generated by many disparate sources.
- Strong communication skills & have worked with different business functions.
- Experience taking difficult analyses across the finish line independently.
- Ability to relentlessly chase down data integrity issues to their root cause.
- Comfort in tackling very broad data domains
- Focus on constantly improving your analytical & technical skill-set by working on difficult analyses.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise & backgrounds (we currently have over 15 nationalities represented, with more than the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in).
Data at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, & as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Analysts are expected to understand the business & have input towards our long term vision.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors & managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable & autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach & constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership & accountability for what theyre building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up & help us get to the truth faster.
Does Brex sound like home? We'd love to meet you! Please share with us details of what you've worked on & what matters to you (personally & from a technical standpoint). Don't worry too much about your resum. Be genuine, not official.