ServiceChannel is the leading cloud-based service automation platform for facilities management. We offer a single platform to source, procure, manage & pay for repair & maintenance services from commercial contractors. ServiceChannel is well established, but even after almost 20 years we still retain the spirit of a startup. We are primed for success & we are currently on a high growth trajectory. We are committed to creating a great product for our customers & a great work environment for our employees to succeed professionally & personally.
Learning & Development (L&D) is a small, yet impactful group. A passionate group of educators, we are keen on delivering high-quality learning to the ServiceChannel ecosystem of clients, partners, & employees. We have high expectations & enlarged visions of expanding what L&D can offer the organization. The right candidate will help L&D execute that vision while bringing in his/her own.
We are seeking an Instructional Designer who is a self-starter, always ready to jump into a fun, fast-paced workplace. The ideal candidate is an educational savant who is skilled in alleviating the fears of learning new software & features. They should be technical chameleons who are endlessly curious about how products & features work, & can instinctively translate product features into compelling case-based instructional materials. They will need to mesh well with product teams, have a keen eye for design, & live to develop instructional materials that will dazzle our clients, partners, & employees. Above all, they must passionately believe that high-quality training is absolutely critical to a positive learning experience.
- Strong graphic design skills: digital portfolio is a must
- Apply adult learning theory & instructional design theories to:
- Create & publish engaging knowledge base articles in ServiceChannel University for new & existing products & features
- Create courses (microlearning, short instruction, instructor-led, eLearning, manuals and/or quick reference guides) for clients & employees regarding ServiceChannels solutions & the facility management industry
- Participate in product meetings on upcoming modules & features
- Update learning content in support of product releases
- Develop course curricula, instructor workflows, & related content
- Develop and/or curate learning content for employee training programs
- Co-manage the learning management system (Brightspace D2L)
- Maintain diverse knowledge of tools used to facilitate course development
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time with high quality & adhere to company standards
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Instructional Design, Learning Technology, Learning Theory, or related field
- 3-5 years experience with developing training & curricula, preferably within a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, the ADDIE model, & the 5 Moments of Learning Need
- Experience in writing compelling knowledge base articles, training guides, instructor workflows, & audio scripts
- Experience with building instruction using Adobe Captivate or similar
- Experience with graphic design using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, & Flash/Animate
- Experience in recording & editing voice-overs using Adobe Audition, Audacity, or similar
- Experience with PDF publishing in Adobe Acrobat (interactive PDF experience is a plus)
- Working knowledge of basic HTML & CSS
- Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence (preferred) or similar online help center solution
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- A digital portfolio must be submitted with your application. Applications without a digital portfolio will not be considered.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of designing infographics and/or graphical instruction
- Knowledge of (or interest in) video production, gamification, or AI for learning
- Knowledge of executing evaluations based on the Kirkpatrick Evaluation Model
- Knowledge of developing learning within an Agile project management environment
Why Work for Us?
Our work environment is dynamic, collaborative, & entrepreneurial - We are firm believers in working to live & not living to work. Dont get us wrong, we work hard & do what it takes to get the job done, but we value a healthy work/life balance & have a lot of fun along the way. Our company is filled with foodies, music lovers, travelers & sports nuts. We are looking for energetic, positive, creative problem solvers who dont mind digging in & getting their proverbial hands dirty.
In addition to striving to create the best possible environment for our ServiceChannel team members, we also support them outside of work as well through generous medical, dental, & vision insurance, life insurance, 401k with match, a flexible time-off policy, & paid parental leave. Our greatest benefit, however, is our amazing ServiceChannel team!