POSITION: Supervisor, Ground Operations
The Supervisor of Ground Operations is responsible for overseeing & supervising the day to day activities in the Ground Ops department, ensuring the highest-level quality of service provided by our Associates, while supporting the policies, goal, & objectives of the company.
Recipe for Success-
- Directs, Coordinates & manages all aspects of the daily order inbound operations in food safety, quality control & process as well as parts of pallet movement & truck unloading and resolves problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Drive productivity completion rates & actions to successful conclusion daily
- Manage daily staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs by utilizing the staffing model designed by department (where necessary).
- Resolve employee concerns & will partner with HR on high level investigations.
- Identify, interview & train talent for the department including but not limited to coaching, training, scheduling, disciplinary functions & execute matrixes & standards of continued excellence.
- Ensure follow through & compliance with: Food Safety, GMP’s, HACCP, Safety Compliance & FD’s policies.
- Guide, Direct & Motivate staff around performance management & labor planning.
- Working with team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes & documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt.
- Oversee usage & handling of all equipment & machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PITO equipment & report all issues immediately.
- Support & participate various company projects, initiatives & programs as needed.
- Maintain clean, safe & organized work environment.
Key Ingredients –
- Two (2) – four (4) years of Management
- Must be willing & able to work in a refrigerated (38 degrees) & freezer environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10–12 hours, willing & able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, & reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends & / or Holidays & be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods
- Associates degree preferred. HS diploma required.
Add dash of –
- Previous knowledge or experience with WMS, ERP or SAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, & Word
- Time management & prioritization skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach & develop a successful team
- Must be resourceful & exercise strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to assist in recruitment, interviewing & training of new Associates
- Manufacturing, production, sanitation, food safety knowledge, HACCP, GMP, & OSHA a plus
- English Required - Bilingual a plus (English & Spanish)
- Experienced in food, perishables, & / or short shelf-life a plus
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company & the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City & Philadelphia metropolitan areas, & the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest & best-tasting meat, fish, produce, & specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, & farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, & essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable & community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career & feed your future & have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits & we go above & beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, & a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible & generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect & FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, & other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, & Zumba, & monthly manicures & massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese & Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back & forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues & and annual company picnic for friends & family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified & meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job