We describe ourselves as the most contemporary global creative & media agency. Were independent, born in social back in 2009; we come from New York & our founder Gary Vaynerchuk (known by his fans as garyvee) & we have grown locally & authentically across the world. We are digital first, we are creative & media - we are all the things that the advertising industry isnt. We have gone to the roots of where consumer attention is, building business transformation, building culturally & contextually relevant creative & distributing it via the modern comms plan. We believe through & through that brand is built in social & that if brands listen to consumers, see their real time behaviour, know culture & platforms better than anyone, then we will build the most effective brands in the world. We are social through & through but we think big - our work scales to big ideas (we made 3 Superbowl ads this year).
VaynerMedia - & VaynerX (our version of a modern holding co) is growing at a crazy rate. New York is the mothership, & we have offices in London, APAC (Singapore, Bangkok, Australia, Tokyo), LATAM (Mexico City) & LA. We have just been awarded AdWeeks Breakthrough Media Agency of the Year & were #5 in AdAges A List (up from Agency to Watch last year. Our first Campaign School Report for EMEA described us as the cool exchange student forming roots which we love a lot as it gets to the heart of what we are trying to do.
VaynerMedia in EMEA is flying. We are 130+ strong & doubled in headcount during the pandemic. Our clients include TikTok (social AOR, run out of London), Durex, Tinder, Kraft Heinz, WeWork, Indeed, among others. Weve been running multiple local market campaigns - integrated media & creative, creative only, media only - across NL, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & there are more on the cards, which is why we are growing our presence in Amsterdam.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is opening shortly, primarily to partner the many EU clients we have. We love Amsterdam - its an incredibly creative, innovative & exciting market. It has diverse talent representing many different countries & communities. Its the perfect hub for our EU operations. And of course, its a great city. We believe in launching in a market bottom up - with incredible local people who understand & are excited about the Vayner Way shaking things up, & building credibility & fame through our work. Wed love to talk to you to see if this sounds like you
Were looking for an experienced Client Partnerships Director/Business Director to become one of the founding members of our newly established Netherlands office. A keen understanding & love of social especially TikTok are a must. You will already be on multiple platforms & passionate about the role social can play in building brands & connecting to audiences in an authentic way. You will have exceptional client service, leadership & people skills to oversee our flagship client in The Netherlands, drive growth across existing Vayner clients as well as help open up new business across the market. You must be someone who is hands on & not afraid to roll up your sleeves, especially in these early days of establishing our presence in the market & really passionate about your people, their development & creating a culture where they can thrive.
The task at hand:
- Run a portfolio of clients & be the primary point of contact for senior clients, helping to drive best-in-class client services, creative & social media expertise.
- Having regular 1-2-1s & spending as much face time (virtually or IRL) with the clients to help spot & drive incremental account opportunities.
- Partner with clients & stakeholders to truly understand their needs & the pressures on them - to develop a trusting relationship & ensure we deliver strong results. (Our clients challenges become ours! We need to understand their highly individual market conditions, & the levers of growth to focus on that will drive business results)
- Working with the EMEA Head of Client Partnerships to help drive consistent ways of working, team development & recruitment across the EMEA region.
- Manage your direct reports day to day development & aid their performance whilst inspiring, motivating, & mentoring your Client Service team.
- Collaborate with the team leaders in other departments & across markets (Strategy, Creative, Production, Project Management, Analytics/Insights, Media) to improve & execute on client deliverables, process, & output.
- Help drive new business in The Netherlands & across Europe, working closely with other EMEA office partners in New Business to shape pitches, RFIs etc.
- Help drive fame for our work in the region, by driving our PR & social media presence, working closely with your EMEA PR partners.
- Be the escalation point on key accounts to help guide & contribute to the development of strategic recommendations, creative ideas & deliverables when required. To start off with you may be more hands on in this role but over time as we establish more clients the day to day responsibility will pass to your account leads.
- Be well versed in the various comms opportunities across the marketing mix, including Paid Media & Measurement opportunities in social & digital, to provide client recommendations on the proper channels & KPIs, based on brand-specific goals.
- Being commercially shrewd & responsible for delivering client monthly & annual revenue targets, training the teams around you to be accountable for their targets whilst helping to manage resource & client issues, managing up when needed to your department lead.
- Work closely with the head of delivery & finance on all scoping & resourcing, helping to develop competitive pricing strategies for this market.
- Being genuinely committed to DE&I of all kinds, shaping the Amsterdam office to be truly representative both in its workforce but also through the work we deliver for our clients.
- Taking the driving seat & pushing the work forward, with a relentless focus on the details
- Keep VaynerMedia values at the core, grow relationships, have fun & participate in VaynerMedia social engagement
- An inspirational leader
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of brands
- Strong leadership, management & mentorship skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- TTL experience, but expert in all things social with the ability to constantly bring the latest platform thinking to the table
- Hands-on experience & ownership of complex strategic & creative projects, requiring senior stakeholder management
- Ability to recognise & solve potential problems, escalate issues or conflicts & continually evaluate project effectiveness.
- Manage overall quality of the agency output & management for the account
- Strong communication skills & an impressive attention to detail
- A cool, calm & collected approach to problem-solving
- Ability to thrive & remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong self-awareness & people-management skills
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
We have newly launched an entity in Europe with Amsterdam being our first office in EMEA. We are currently in the process of reviewing our benefits offerings & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
This role is a full time role based in Amsterdam, candidates must be authorised to work in the Netherlands.