We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. Were hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What were looking for
Vacasa is currently seeking a seasonal Security Office to work nights & to support the overall quality our large & quickly growing portfolio of vacation homes.The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring safety of guests, visitors, employees, property & equipment, in the most efficient & effective manner possible, while maintaining the companys expected high quality standards & Count On Me philosophy.He/She will patrol assigned area(s), observe, report & be prepared to appropriately respond to any/all emergency situations. The Security Officer will adhere to the companys safety program & maintain Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
What youll do
- Watch for irregularities, such as security breaches, site & safety hazards, & emergency situations; contact emergency responders as required
- Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators
- Approach suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront & detain violators, as required, until police arrive
- Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, & equipment security
- Protect evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations
- Examine doors, windows, & gates to ensure security
- Monitor closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities
- Prepare routine, standardized reports
- Inform & warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles
- Perform periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning
- Respond appropriately toguest & associate inquiriesand concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Promote team work & quality service through daily communications & coordination with other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills youll need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR Training
- Must be able to meet & continue to meet any applicable state, county & municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Ability to read, write & comprehend routine instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form, short correspondence & memos
- Must be people oriented & able to work independently or with others as needed.
- Ability to walk & climb stairs.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions, adapt to changes in the external environment & organization.
- Ability to see & hear accurately in both day & nighttime conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts & to be able to respond using discretion & interpretive judgment based on general & specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information, & directions on an ongoing basis & communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react according to SOP in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation & first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers & their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- Be an effective team member & courteous telephone manners
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
- Use of PC or hand held tablet devices
- Skilled in use of two way radio
- One year related security experience
- Self-motivated & customer service oriented
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Ability to properly assess problems & provide solutions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends & holidays as needed to support the needs of the business
What youll get
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 6% company match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave & holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All of the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture