KATERRA is an end-to-end construction & building services company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Cabinet Designer - Manufacturing
Drafts-person works closely with department project managers, production manager, production supervisors, & operation manager to receive drawings & job specifications for the accurate & thorough design & layout of cabinets within a catalog environment. Candidate will have the ability to perform reviews & amend shop drawings as needed, prepares job/production packets for distribution to the floor. Current platform Cabinet Vision
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying potential new products
- Participating in market research
- Establishing & maintaining design criteria & standards for casework
- Generating product definitions
- Identifying functional requirements
- Developing engineering specifications
- Assist in developing product pricing while integrating the needs of design, sales & manufacturing
- Interacting routinely with architecture, interior design, sales, sourcing, production & financing staff to ensure cross-function needs are met
- Overseeing research & design, prototyping, leading, testing procedures
- Interfacing with planning, production engineering & plant personnel to ensure optimal manufacturability of the product
- Drafting specifications for manufacturing
- Developing & maintaining BOMs for all new & existing casework
- Assisting in the establishment & maintenance of Katerra brand standards for casework & its installation
Required Skills & Experience
- 2020 Design / Construct Experience
- Identify product requirements
- Establish & maintain the engineering platform for casework modularity
- Establish & ensure adherence to the product engineering & construction principles
- Create & maintain a working catalog of casework
- Engineer & prototype all new casework
- Build & manage fully indented BOMs
- Provide input on new capital equipment needs & specifications
- Provide technical support to production staff as require
- Develop product training as required
- Recommend for new product & product improvements as required
- Complete special assignments as required.
- Continuously research innovative new materials & hardware
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Degree in Drafting & Design
- Ground up experience of the casework construction methods & processes
- Journeyman carpenter
- Cabinet maker
- CNC operator
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.