RAPP New York is looking for an Account Director to join our award-winning team.
We are the agency absolutely, utterly, fiercely focused on the individual. We use our data, technology & creative smarts to make meaningful, connections with every single person a brand knows.
As a guiding ethos, RAPP stands up for Individuality. So much so, that it's in our agency value proposition. We're committed to racial justice, equality & equity, representation, & unbiased opportunity because we know that embracing diversity in all its facets helps us create our best work. Harnessing the experiences of all our Fiercely Individual people, & the differences among us, is the surest way to positively impact our business & network culture.
We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, life stages & abilities to apply. RAPP is an equal opportunity employer & welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process or after youve joined us please let us know.
We are a member of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group (OPMG) focused on digital & CRM marketing.
If we learned anything this year, its that our organization truly can implement a work where you work best philosophy. We still have physical offices, and, if theyre open, you are welcome to use them whenever you like. RAPP is located in the historic News Building , at 220 E. 42nd Street, where Christopher Reeves Superman was filmed.
No pressure, though - if you arent comfortable with coming in while COVID-19 plays out, you can still work where you work best. That said, while we do have our work where you work best philosophy. We legally have to care about what state you claim permanent residency in (its a tax thing). So you do need to claim residency in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut but, if youre a resident of somewhere else, lets talk about it.
From binge watching to business building & everything in between, we provide smart solutions for companies like Lilly, Charter, & American Family Insurance.
The ideal candidate has mastered the Account Director core competencies & is comfortable leading in a digital-first, data centric integrated manner. They are an advisor & partner to the client at the Sr. manager & marketing/category director levels. They have developed a keen ability for managing client based multi-discipline projects across the agency matrix, cross-holding company partners, & external agency partners. They have a natural curiosity, & are motivated by driving excellent results, time & time again.
- Client Partnering
- Strategically builds client relationship trust & effectively facilitates, negotiates & drives scopes of work for accounts.
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction & service/product quality.
- Understands client business & ensures QBRs & strategic business reviews are set
- Leads QBR reviews with key c-suite clients & internal agency stakeholder
- Partners with SVP, Client Partner to build & drive the macro engagement roadmap & sponsors discrete engagement strategies rolling up to that roadmap
- Helps build the clients reputation through our engagement, providing us with a long-term platform for success: our client engagement agenda is thus a shared, strategic & value-creating.
- Communicates powerfully, is credible & engenders trust with executive clients.
- Sets Yearly engagement plan core & growth elements
- Leads SOW development & leads a strategic review each quarter with internal leadership team & President
- Consultative consiglieri & seller to the client C-Suite
- Provides high level overview of marketing technology landscape & marketing science products, delivering wider group product & value suite to the senior client for engagement.
- Oversees the accounts month on month commercial
- Responsible for account P&L & ensures top line growth & bottom profitability growth & health is delivered. Tracks Month on month with team & course corrects
- Is able to build our engagement to new heights year on year: Driving organic growth, identifying & opening new revenue streams
- Keeps leadership apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks & other key nuances which affect the health of the business.
- Great work: Our Product
- Provides a clear north star for all work on an engagement
- Approves all strategic initiatives across the engagement
- Holds creative, strategy, data & delivery accountable to deliver & course corrects
- Responsible for the delivery of best in class strategies from transformation strategies to marcomms strategies
- Builds strong working relationships with department leads & department staff.
- Provides critical insights during major creative concept reviews & provides direction on how to expand the brief & solution for further development & plays major role in selling the work.
- Being the connector: Building, Leading, Mentoring & Networking,
- Mentors internal team to deliver to excellence, setting high talent standards, develops, coaches, & mentors talent
- Identify, attract, & retain top talent.
- Holds accountability of deliverables & engagement impact from dept. & course corrects as needed
- Ensures the SVP, Client Partner is kept apprised of engagement development & track to engagement strategy
- Acts as a role model by representing, communicating, & leading RAPPs overall vision, mission, & values.