The Splash Mission
At Splash, our mission is to make events easy. To deliver on this were building a tool that democratizes design one that creates a seamless experience for event marketers, designers, & on-site coordinators; anyone that has a role in bringing an event to life.
Splash Engineering is in search of experienced engineering managers who can help us build sustainable reporting structures & provide technical management expertise.
As an engineering manager, youll be taking care of the most important thing at Splash: our people. Youll partner with the Tech Lead, Product Manager & Product Designer to drive projects aligned with our long term objectives, being able to rely on them for their areas of expertise & stay heavily focused on people & process management.
Splash has embraced a remote fist work environment & we are now a fully distributed team across the United States, Canada, & Spain
- Manage one or more engineering teams.
- Conduct career development discussions.
- Deliver performance reviews.
- Be accountable for your teams performance & their impact.
- Partner with recruiting to hire great talent for your team.
- Take on engineering-wide projects designed to improve Splash Engineering.
- Support your team on a technical level by being able to follow technical conversations & asking good questions.
- Enable your team to succeed in the ways you identify as more valuable. For example, partnering with the Product Designer & the Product Manager, facilitating Scrum ceremonies, managing projects & influencing stakeholders to get buy-in or remove blockers.
- Demonstrate persistence, proactivity & empathy through your actions.
- Communicate clearly & effectively.
- Have managed multiple direct reports across multiple teams.
- Have hired great engineers.
- Have enabled the growth or promotion of your reports.
- Provide clear feedback to reports, peers & your managers to ensure we maintain a level of excellence.
- Experience working on both small & large engineering initiatives as a lead or manager.
- Expertise in Agile methodologies.
- Have managed distributed teams.
- Are familiar with microservice environments.
- Have led the development of Public APIs & Integrations.
- Experience with rolling out management initiatives, including team process changes etc.
What we offer
- Stock options for all employees.
- Flexible work hours.
- Career path coaching & planning.
- Training budget.
- Healthcare paid by Splash for you & your family.
- Monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- Yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise).
- Fun virtual events with the rest of your team & the company (IRL too when its safe!).
- On top of regular vacation days, youll have at your disposal 2 extra Mental Escape days per month during which youre encouraged to unplug from work.
Please apply with a resume written in English.
If youre interested in joining our fun, ambitious, & hardworking team, please send your resume.
Splash is an equal opportunity employer. At Splash, we believe that big ideas & great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace & encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for
employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal
records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public
education records 12 & inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our
purposes, including performing services & operations related to your potential
employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at