Were looking for a People Business Partner to join the Editorial Business Partner Team, within Vox Media! This role will be directly supporting one of our most prominent Editorial brands, New York Magazine. As a member of the Editorial Business Partner team, youll drive business strategy across the New York Magazine organization working on proactive organizational & talent management, performance management, employee relations, & leadership coaching. This role will act as the day-to-day resource for employees & will partner closely with the growing People team supporting our brands. Youll report to the VP, People.
WHO WE ARE
The People team is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Be a trusted advisor & the primary point of contact for executive leadership on New York Magazine - providing coaching, feedback & guidance across all things people
- Collaborate with the People team & executives to design & deliver targeted solutions, including strategic workforce planning, change management & learning & development curriculums
- Identify opportunities & partner with the business to drive incremental action across our People strategy
- Act as a respected & trustworthy resource to employees at every level of the company, while effectively addressing day to day issues including communication effectiveness, performance, career development, compensation, DEI etc.
- Partner with the VP, People in handling employee relations matters that arise with the highest professional standards, providing counseling & coaching to managers & employees; ensuring an expedited & effective resolution
- Act as a strategic change agent to push & implement constant improvement across the business
- Work closely with our NYM unionized workforce
- Utilize data to make informed recommendations to the business
- Work alongside cross-functional partners on projects that will help move our business forward, partner teams include Recruiting, Compensation, DEI+, Total Rewards, & Employee Experience.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE
- Effectively building trust & strong relationships with executives & employees at New York Magazine
- Ownership & execution of strategic priority projects (such as performance management, compensation planning, job architecture etc)
- Aligning business needs to effectively advise all things People related to assist in driving business success for the brand(s)
- Skilled communicator with the ability to own the room while adapting to different audiences
- Effectively partner cross functionally across the People, Finance, Employee Experience & IT teams
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum of 4 years of HR generalist experience OR 2+ years of strategic HR Business Partner experience
- Knowledge & practical application of HR disciplines including: employment & labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design & compensation philosophies
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced & ever changing business environment
- Highly collaborative & solution oriented
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience working with a media organization
- Proficiency in creating internal materials (trainings, data presentations, etc.)
- Experience with in-depth workforce data analysis
- Comfortable with utilizing the Ultipro Platform
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is a hybrid role based in New York City. The New York Magazine team loves to partner in real life when possible. This role would be expected to come into the office two to three times per week - with plenty of flexibility.
Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.