The Technology Associate will serve as an IT expert & problem solver at Dig Inn. IT is a key enabler of Dig Inns growth plan & were looking for someone who is hungry to help us scale our restaurant footprint across multiple geographies.This individual will support technical operations in our restaurants & at HQ, serving as the first line of support for our operators & a strategic partner to the organization as a whole. This position is on the Technology Team & reports to the Technology Product Manager.
- Prioritize, plan, & execute strategic tech initiatives with clear documentation of decisions & actions taken.
- Evaluate, test, & manage new & existing technologies & systems; present recommendations to the Technology Team leadership & advise other teams on technical needs & requests.
- Manage IT support tickets, collaborating closely with Technology Team members, external partners & internal stakeholders to problem solve & ensure prompt, proactive support.
- Work on the ground in our restaurants installing, troubleshooting, repairing & replacing low-voltage cabling, peripheral devices, point of sale systems & networked wireless printers.
- Oversee IT equipment purchasing for restaurant & HQ, managing to budget & triggering equipment spec reviews at the appropriate time.
- Educate team members at restaurants & HQ on hardware & software & create training materials.
- Support Technology Team Leadership in designing & improving internal processes around technology & issue resolution, e.g., ticketing process, hardware provisioning.
- Support technical execution of core business processes such as seasonal menu updates, product launches, test initiatives, new restaurant openings, etc.
- Collaborative: you love working on a team & you respect the opinions of your peers.
- Quick thinker: you are a natural problem solver & like to think on your feet.
- Hands On: you thrive when youre on the ground, getting your hands dirty.
- Strong communicator: you are a natural at keeping people informed.
- Detail oriented: you enjoy getting into the details & nothing falls through the cracks when its in your hands.
- Calm: you maintain your composure in stressful situations.
- 2-3 years of experience working with IT systems at scale / IT administration
- Strongly prefer MSIS degree or equivalent IT or Systems Management
- Bonus: Restaurant or hospitality experience
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook lan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our missionbuilding kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.