Join one of our core speech technology teams for a 10 week (minimum) paid internship. Participation requires that you are located in Canada for the duration of the internship program.
In this role you will:
- Work on building large scale Statistical Language Models, a critical system in Speech Recognition
- Run experiments & tune parameters to improve Statistical Language Models
- Build prototypes to explore novel methods/algorithms to improve the Statistical Language Models
- Identify new techniques to explore, prototype them, & then implement winning ideas in production
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are currently enrolled in a Master's degree program in Computer Science or in a related quantitative discipline
- You take pride in writing clean, efficient Java, C++, or Python code
- You have a good understanding of algorithms, including Machine Learning algorithms
- You are comfortable communicating your questions & ideas when solving problems
We'd be especially excited if you have experience building production systems based on Machine Learning lifecycle. Experience applying Deep Neural Network methods to Natural Language Processing problems would come in handy. Also, don't forget to mention if you are familiar with statistical language modeling & speech recognition technology. Familiarity with MapReduce/Spark is a plus.
At SoundHound, we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, were trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed & accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Were making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app & Hound voice assistant & through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, & Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists & linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, & a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.