About the role:
We are searching for our first internal engineering hire to lay the foundation for the engineering team at DIG. This individual must have strong coding chops & the drive to stretch beyond the code into strategy, design, testing & more. This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a small tech team with big aspirations.
- Develop exciting mobile & web products that are changing the way customers interact with DIG.
- Have the opportunity to work on innovative, complex products that transform our restaurants.
- Serve as a thought partner & engineering advocate on all development projects.
- Advise on the full software development cycle - were excited to learn from you.
- Work with product managers, marketers & department leaders to efficiently develop products to meet the end users needs.
- Drive immense business impact through technology.
- 3 years+ of relevant experience writing exceptional code.
- Desire to conceptualize products & think big picture. Prior work on operational products a plus.
- Strong communication skills - as a small team with many outside partners, we need team members who can effectively articulate their points & work well with others.
- Demonstrated experience across all stages of the software development cycle, specifically:
- Working with multiple programming languages with expertise in one or more, e.g., JAVA, PHP, C #, Python, Ruby, PHP.
- Working with multiple development frameworks with expertise in one or more, e.g., JAVA Spring, MyBatis, Hibernate, Python Django, PHP thinkphp, yin, nodeJs.
- Front end mobile development with preference for React Native.
- Relational & non-relational databases (we use BigQuery).
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX a plus.
Work perk: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.